Tuesday, February 27, 2007

You Thought I'd Forgotten About You

I know it's been a while since anyone has heard from me. I make no apologies. I'm worth the wait.

Let me catch you up on my life. Christmas was nice. I was able to go to Cali. I gave a lift to a chick friend of mine who passed out just outside Provo and woke up as we were coming up on St George. She slept through Winter and woke up in Summer.



Time with the fam was nice. The drive back was interesting. Jesus was my copilot.



I drove back on Christmas Day, so the Po-Po were with their fams. I found a pack of cars going a little faster than your average bear.



This shot was taken a little later on and shows how close the cars in the pack were to each other.



I did see one car get pulled over, but that was a bright red mustang going much faster than even we were going. For the Law Enforcement readers out there, this actually happened with a professional driver in a closed course. Do not try this at home, children.

Work:
The takeover continues slowly. My department was acquired by a corporate partner who happens to have a competing software. Happy New Year to you too. The original estimates on the transition were 3 months with a possibility of 8 months. Almost 2 months later, only a couple of people on their management side have even seen our software. They are still working out procedural stuff. I'm not certain the Decision Makers were fully aware of exactly how much goes into supporting our particular software. We have a lot running on the back end and we do a lot of troubleshooting on the Windows side. The actual managers charged with making it happen have so much to do. I don't envy them. I'm probably going to be one of the last few people transitioned back into the company, since I am still considered one of the Senior techs for some reason, but not before my position is dissolved and I return to the phones full-time. yay.

Social:
I have access to so many good people, it's not even funny. Props to the Sushi Crew. Props to the Latin Dance Gang. Props to the worshippers at the altar of the Box with an X on it (even though my schedule makes me a non-practicing believer). Props to the people who help me get through work without doing what the voices in my head tell me to do. I think the voices come from my headphones, but I can't prove it. Props to all my homies in County in Cell Block 6.

Twice now, my Local Ecclesiastical Figure has sat me down to give me some recommendations on girls to get to know better. The Maternal Parental Unit has taken a break from asking about girls, but you can almost hear her biting her tongue. This might be an opportune time to take my interactions from an informal basis to a more "actually ask girls out on legitimate dates" thing. Oh well. Had to happen sometime.

No comments: