Monday, March 12, 2007

Plan B

I was supposed to go snowboarding for the second time in my life this Saturday. That didn't happen. I was going to go with my bro, but he and his wife would have been leaving the next day for a week-long cruise. They decided it would not be in his best interest to go. By that, I mean she let him know that if he tried anything strange and broke off a leg, he would have to drag his bloody stump around the ship, Catalina, and Mexico. Somehow, reason won out. We're going when they get back. They get back Fri night and we're going Sat. Poor B-tard is probably going to sleep through Sunday.

So, I had an opportunity to go with a plan B. Last week, this chick at work mentioned Red Iguana (mexican restaurant in SLC - Good Stuff). I hadn't been in many months and started craving it pretty bad. Darn her to Heck. So, with the opportunity, we went to see 300 at the Gateway and then went to Red Iguana. 300 was ok. The food was great. The problem now is that I want more. I snagged a take-out menu. I wonder if they deliver to AF.

In my last post, I mentioned I should probably start asking girls out on actual dates. Well, a day or so later I get an email from a chick in my Ward asking me out. We're going out this week. I learned long ago that when the Universe tells you to jump, you jump or you get a kick to the head. Metaphorically speaking. I don't know very much about her, but I guess that's what the date is for. Note to self: Be toned down. I'm not entirely sure she can handle my personality full-force. I'm not misrepresenting myself. I see it as more like "measured doses" and protecting the innocent. Keep my Latin-ness in check. (am I joking?)

5 comments:

Gubi said...

I think that if you present with full force then you intend to know that person for a long time. If you hold back yourself for their safety you are just being chicken. At least that is my philosophy. What did you think of 300? Reviews have been less than appealing and thus I havent seen it yet, not to mention the wife isnt that interested in those type of movies.

Carpe Noctum said...

Presentation was good. Subject matter was good. There was some gratuitous flesh and you won't like it if you're not into Sin City type movies.

As for being chicken, I fully admit it. I hold back because if I don't, most of the girls I end up with seem to get more addicted than anything else. I'll continue being chicken until I learn to make better choices.

Unknown said...

I like how "reason" won out :)

Kr5is said...

update.exe

Unknown said...

Hmm, you kind of suck at blogging. Well, at least at the whole updating thing.