Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pruning Dead Leaves

I have a tendency to try too many things at once. I am already overloaded and I have had the long-standing plan to play with Linux. I even had a box set aside for it.

Work was cleaning out their storage, so I grabbed a Dell box because it had a legit Win license sticker on it.

Last night, I spent 1.5 hrs taking apart the Dell box and trying to put it into another tower when I realized the hardware was hella-old. I took another look at the license sticker.

Win 98 SE.

I was less than pleased.

I have already been in a "change" mood since Dec and have been slowly working through getting rid of the excesses in my life that are dragging me down, so I may have ganked the RAM, cards, and hard drives from 3 separate super old machines I had pending to do some project or another on and just tossed them. Them and an annoying CRT monitor.

I feel much better.

All I have now is my primary box and some extra hard drives and random cards. The next step is to do something I haven't done in years. I plan on putting the sides on my case ... with thumb screws and everything. It'll probably take 2 cans of air to do it, but I'm fairly confident it can be done.

4 comments:

famousjay said...

Eeww... dust bunnies and 98SE... That's gross. You should be punished.

Jenny said...

Nice. Gotta love old stuff. (Not really...)

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hmmm...I hope this is also a metaphor for some other kind of change too ha.