Friday, November 10, 2006

Learning to Run

A couple of lessons I just learned:

Treadmills have guard rails for a reason. I found out I have a natural swagger. It seems that if you walk fast on a treadmill and swagger, you bump into the guard rails. I'm learning how to run in a straight line. You'd think that would have been a lesson I learned at the age of 1, but you'd be wrong. My Mommy always said I was special, I just always assumed she meant it the other way.

It seems that there is something you're supposed to do before you run, I keep forgetting. What could it possibly be? Hmmm... SHIN CRAMP...TOO PROUD TO GET OFF THE D@m&D MACHINE...LIMPING ON FOR ANOTHER MILE AND A HALF...BE A MAN, WALK IT OFF...Oh yeah, STRETCH. I must remember to schedule myself a reminder on that one.

If you're only getting 5 hours of sleep, 5am workouts are not going to happen. Who knew?

Workout gear for men becomes a workout outfit when it can only be used inside a gym. Tshirt and shorts, people. You're in a climate-controlled building.

1 comment:

Spinch said...

Gyar, what good would we piratical types be bein' if we were lackin' in the swagger department?

Yar.