Thursday, August 17, 2006

Wednesday

I made it the 625 miles to my house in 9 hours. I went 5 over the limit the whole time and was worrying that my little Sentra wouldn't make it. The longest I'd driven her in one go for the past couple of years is maybe 2hrs straight. She did me proud.

I went out to lunch with my mom and we chatted amicably. We then went home and the fun began. I entered Beach Boy Hell. She spent an hour and a half extolling the virtues of California Girls. **I wish they all could be California Girls...** I think she might have been saving that one up for a special occasion, because I'd never heard it before. The novelty of a new lecture wore off in a second. It is rather disturbing to have my mother try to convince me how hot local girls are. Up to now, she's been fine as long as I tell her I'm dating when she calls in to check up on me.


Thursday

Either my mom and sister have been talking about me or they both had the same idea. I hung out with her and her kids today. They are beyond cute and intelligent, but have so much natural energy that I can understand how my sister gets skinnier every time I see her. It's all that child-related cardio. So she starts giving me a different but related lecture on the benefits of a California Girl and recommendation to move to Cali, where I can make much more money with my current skill set. Dang it people, I came to Cali to shop for a car. I left my 8 cows in Utah. I didn't think I'd need them for a week-long trip.

On the plus side, I do get to spend time with the fam. I needed it bad. Whether or not I agree with their opinions as to where to live, I get a lot of strength from them. These last two days with them has done alot to help me regain the focus I'd lost recently.

Before I forget, My little niece's first name is Belle. Middle name Miriam. Well, this little girl is 4 and a force of nature. She was born naturally friendly and flirty. She refuses to wear anything that she considers will make her look like a boy in any way. She tosses her hair instinctually and has a shoe fetish. Age 4. She did not get any of this from her parents or people around her. She was literally born like this. When she asked, her mom jokingly told her she couldn't wear lipstick until she's married. I recommended they be armed by her 14th birthday. There's a little girl that's going to be hard to keep icky boys away from.

1 comment:

Carpe Noctum said...

For any that were wondering, the 8 cows reference is alluding a movie called "Johnny Lingo". I'll tell you later.