Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend.

Friday.
I showed up late to help my x pack her friend's truck. There were already a bunch of people there, so it was practically done by the time I arrived. We all went out to eat and scattered. I was busy on thur, so she wanted to hang out before she left. It was maybe 10 before she had time, so we watched a movie. She was tired, so she passed out and I woke her up when the movie ended and drove her home. We said goodbye. She's a good person and I wish her luck in her new state.

Sat.
Ran errands and went to a work party. It took me a while to get into it because I was so weirded out about being at work on a Sat. It was good to kick it with people from work in a social setting.

Sun.
Finished crunching numbers and it looks like I've spent more than 1K on car repairs since Jan. Not cool. I've been getting all my financial info in order to get ready to buy a car. I can stretch to afford payments, but it would mean going on a budget and being responsible in my spending habits. Poo.

One more reason Utah doesn't make sense: The cars in dealer lots don't have prices on the windshields. They make you walk up to the car to look at the sticker. They probably think they are being sneaky and making people interact with the sales people. What they don't realize is that Utahns are cheap bastards (ask any waiter/waitress). If you don't mark prices, only people that have already decided to buy will show up. The people that are deciding will go where they can get info.

Looks like I'm going to Cali, where they really want to sell.

No comments: